[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 35: Use of undefined constant topic - assumed 'topic' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3912)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4779: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3912)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3912)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4781: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3912)
Agoraquest • View topic - KDF-60XS955/KDFE55A20 6 blinking lights issue

Advanced search
It is currently Sat Jan 16, 2021 4:37 am
Please Login or Register to take advantage of all of our forum benefits.

View topic - KDF-60XS955/KDFE55A20 6 blinking lights issue

KDF-60XS955/KDFE55A20 6 blinking lights issue

This Forum is questions on any problems you could have with your Sony Televsion set (i.e. Sony Wega grainess problem, cable problems, so forth)

Moderator: jttar

by AntonioC » Mon Sep 26, 2011 4:37 am

On 2011-09-26 08:34, AntonioC wrote:
Mr Hill, I powered up the tv this morning with the lamp cover removed and get the same error. 6 blinking lights. I would like to trace that curcuit . I iwas getting zero volts at the switch connector. What are your thoughts?
AntonioC
Sony Fan
Sony Fan

by jehill » Mon Sep 26, 2011 5:59 am

With the lamp cover removed, you should be getting the 3 blink error code.  Apparently, the power supply is shutdown when the lamp door is open.  You will need the service manual if you wish to trace the circuitry.  You may order it at http://www.agoraquest.com/manual_request.php.
jehill
Sony Senior Advisor
Sony Senior Advisor

by AntonioC » Wed Sep 28, 2011 2:07 pm

thank you Mr Hill
AntonioC
Sony Fan
Sony Fan

by MarcoV » Mon Jul 28, 2014 12:14 am

I have had my KDF60WF655 60" Sony Grand Wega since 2005. Only now has it finally had a break down. First there were the "blue dots" that appear on the screen. Still awaiting those parts. In case you are suffering the same issue, here is a link to a great video on YouTube that explains in great detail what to do.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RgZz9pe ... qQ&index=2

You have to do your own homework to figure out the proper part numbers, etc... Thankfully, yours truly has done that for you. Here are 2 web sites that sell all the parts you need for your television;

1) Tri-State Modules : http://www.tristatemodule.com/default.aspx
2) Encompass : http://www.encompassparts.com/

and Sony for the PDF on how to remove the bulb and access the resting place for the fuse part of the Thermal Fuse

3) http://esupport.sony.com/CA/p/model-hom ... manualsTab
- page 21 has the closest view of the 60" front access to the bulb compartment. It doesn't show it but to the right of the bulb unit is a tiny clip that barely holds the wire with the Thermal Fuse on it. Since the replacement Thermal Fuse I bought was about 60% shorter than the original, I grabbed my electrical tool belt, clipped the wires, braided an extension using the old thermal fuse wire to the new one and "voila!" it fit perfectly! Otherwise the new one was far too short (not sure if it mattered), but since I had the TV on the girlfriend's dining room table (easier to work with), I figured "what the heck" and made a solid extension.

Thermal fuses go from $7.95-$44.00 from what I saw. Don't buy from E-Bay (where I went), they were over $40 there. Go here...

http://www.partselect.com/Models/KDF60W ... 93&start=1

Cheapest place @ $7.24/ea!!!

The "Blue Dots" & "Blue Fog"...

I needed a replacement;
1x Blue LCD panel
1x Polarizer (orange in color). A defective polarizer when held up to a bright object would show a faint rectangle inside when it should be clear.

NOTE: if you have a bad memory, video or photograph your uninstall to remember all the hook-ups. You don't want your TV to catch fire because you forgot to hook up a ground, fan wire, etc...
MarcoV
Sony Fan
Sony Fan

by jehill » Mon Jul 28, 2014 3:24 pm

That's and excellent post! I should be very helpful! The video is excellent. I have been recommending www.tristatemodule.com for years. I didn't realize that they now carry all of the parts that you need to repair your own optical block.
jehill
Sony Senior Advisor
Sony Senior Advisor

by phoenix71 » Wed Jul 30, 2014 8:15 am

I am getting 4 green and 6 red blinking lights on my KDS-r70xbr2 television.

I believe I need to replace the thermal fuse but need more information. I'd like to get the service bulletin you mentioned but Agoraquest won't let me compose a message in my inbox. They said I haven't been here long enough or participated enough.
phoenix71
Sony Fan
Sony Fan

by jehill » Wed Jul 30, 2014 5:28 pm

For the KDSR70XBR2, 6 blinks, pause, 6 blinks, etc. means "Power error" and the probable cause location listed is "11V is low". I suppose that could be caused by a bad thermal fuse, if there is one. I don't have a 6 blink service bulletin that applies to the KDSR70XBR2. I don't see a reference to a thermal fuse, but there is a thermostat connected to the G board (power supply). The part number is 1-576-995-11. I don't know how to describe where it's located. I have a picture, but I don't know how to post it at the moment. Unfortunately, the part has been discontinued. You may be able to get it at http://www.tristatemodule.com along with instructions on how to replace it.
jehill
Sony Senior Advisor
Sony Senior Advisor

by phoenix71 » Wed Jul 30, 2014 6:28 pm

Thank you for the reply!
phoenix71
Sony Fan
Sony Fan

by jehill » Thu Jul 31, 2014 4:14 pm

I found out how to post a picture. Here it is.
KDSR60-70XBR2 Thermostat.jpg
REF. NO. 153 is the thermostat.
KDSR60-70XBR2 Thermostat.jpg (76.4 KiB) Viewed 8548 times
jehill
Sony Senior Advisor
Sony Senior Advisor

by Malumake » Tue Nov 04, 2014 12:22 am

Aloha! I know this is an old thread, but I am working on an old TV (KP-61HS20). The unit started exhibiting a high pitch squeal along screean static which would go away after it warmed up. Now, on power up, it clicks and blinks red 6 times and then just keeps repeating the light code. The TV was donated to our church 7 years ago and has been running great until a few weeks ago (the squealing thing). I am assuming it is the thermal fuse on the GM board (far left), but would like some confirmation, part numbers, and instructions for repair.

Mahalo in advance.
Malumake
Sony Fan
Sony Fan

PreviousNext

Return to Television Troubleshooting