[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 35: Use of undefined constant topic - assumed 'topic' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3912)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4779: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3912)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3912)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4781: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3912)
Agoraquest • View topic - Sony DSC H-9 Volume 2... MaxxPix

Advanced search
It is currently Mon Jul 22, 2019 11:49 pm
Please Login or Register to take advantage of all of our forum benefits.

View topic - Sony DSC H-9 Volume 2... MaxxPix

Sony DSC H-9 Volume 2... MaxxPix

This Forum is for any other questions you might have

Moderator: jttar

by Maxxwire » Mon Mar 16, 2009 10:18 pm

3-16-09- Marks 1 year to the day since I got my HP Pavilion Notebook Computer and along with it the ability to post high resolution pictures to the Internet for the very first time.

For the first page of this Thread I would like to offer up a retrospective of my favorite images out of the 20,000+ pictures that I have taken so far with the H-9 and remastered to the wider 3:2 alternative aspect ratio that this versatile camera also shoots in and rendered in a 1080 X 720 pixel format.

~Maxx~

*Sony DSC H-9 aka Sony H-9 MaxxPix

Maxxwire
Sony Adept
Sony Adept

by Maxxwire » Mon Mar 16, 2009 11:10 pm

It took 3 photo shoots during February and simultaneously discovering how much better pictures the H-9 takes at its lowest setting of 80 ISO to get this shot of the Salmon Street 'Jammin' Salmon, but it turned out so much better than THE BEST ORIGINAL PICTURE I SHOT AT 200 ISO that the results made the time and effort I put into the 3 week project worthwhile.

~Maxx~

Maxxwire
Sony Adept
Sony Adept

by Maxxwire » Tue Mar 17, 2009 12:03 pm

I took the picture of this white Star Gazer Lilly one day around 3:00 in the afternoon last July during the shank of the Dog Days of Summer using the H-9's Auto Mode which chose a nice low ISO of 100 and a shutter speed of 1/800th of a second at f 5.6 to take the picture at which goes to show that even in Automatic Shooting Mode the H-9 can make some very wise decisions when choosing white balance and exposure settings.

~Maxx~

Maxxwire
Sony Adept
Sony Adept

by Maxxwire » Tue Mar 17, 2009 2:55 pm

This is another picture that I took using the H-9's Auto Mode and yet another case where the camera chose to take the picture at the very low picture noise 100 ISO setting. I've read some professional reviewers claim that the H-9 typically shoots at 400 ISO in the Auto Mode, but after having taken over 20,000 pictures with my H-9 the experience has taught me that the H-9 often takes pictures at 100 ISO when the Auto Mode and I can not remember ever seeing an instance when it chose to shoot at 400 ISO.

~Maxx~

Maxxwire
Sony Adept
Sony Adept

by Maxxwire » Tue Mar 17, 2009 8:49 pm

Some Gigs...

Are Just Tougher Than Others...

~Maxx~

Maxxwire
Sony Adept
Sony Adept

by Maxxwire » Tue Mar 17, 2009 10:08 pm

Speaking of tough gigs this 1.2 billion year old masterpiece of Mother Nature's work in marble appears as though it is in rough relief when in actuality the surface is absolutely flat and polished to perfection. Once again the camera lens offers us an enhanced perspective that is simply not available to our natural unaided eyesight. My apology for the damage done by the newly required high compression. The uncompressed version is located HERE

~Maxx~

Maxxwire
Sony Adept
Sony Adept

by Maxxwire » Fri Mar 20, 2009 9:55 am

These 2 pictures were taken with the H-9 with its Sony DH1774 1.7X Teleconversion Lens as pictured in the first post of this Thread. Both pictures were taken from the same position with the first picture taken at 790 mm focal length which is 25.5X and the second picture taken at 1,580 mm focal length which is 51X.

~Maxx~

Maxxwire
Sony Adept
Sony Adept

by Maxxwire » Fri Mar 20, 2009 10:43 am

While Sony supplies the H-9 with a 57mm to 74mm Lens adapter its proprietary thread size can only be used with the 74mm Sony Macro Lens and 74mm Teleconversion Lens as seen in the first post of this Thread. The first alternative I used was to get a 74mm to 72mm step down ring adapter which allowed the supplied 74mm Sony Adapter to accept a 72mm UV Filter and a Circular Polarizing Filter...

A few weeks later I found a Bower 57mm to 72mm Metal Adapter Barrel which is specially made for the DSC H-9 that effectively eliminated the need for the step down ring...

I've gotten a lot of good use out of being able to use the Circular Polarizing Filter which has allowed me to take quite a number of pictures that would have otherwise been horribly glare ridden and completely unusable were it not for the CP Filter...

~Maxx~

Maxxwire
Sony Adept
Sony Adept

by Maxxwire » Sat Mar 21, 2009 11:41 pm

I would have been unable to take this picture without the aid of the Circular Polarizing Filter because the glare from the windows in the building was so prolific. I also wanted to point out that although these 2 buildings along Portland's waterfront appear to be next to each other they are actually 2 blocks apart.

~Maxx~

Maxxwire
Sony Adept
Sony Adept

by Maxxwire » Sat Mar 21, 2009 11:52 pm

I call this Texture The Road Rainbow.

~Maxx~

Maxxwire
Sony Adept
Sony Adept