[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 35: Use of undefined constant topic - assumed 'topic' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP)
Agoraquest • View topic - Sony DCR DVD505 touch screen buttons no longer working

Advanced search
It is currently Mon Jul 15, 2019 6:24 pm
Please Login or Register to take advantage of all of our forum benefits.

View topic - Sony DCR DVD505 touch screen buttons no longer working

Sony DCR DVD505 touch screen buttons no longer working

This Forum is for any other questions you might have

Moderator: jttar

by jttar » Wed Jan 13, 2010 4:35 pm

John,

I wish I could offer more. I would try pressing, moving and twisting ALL cables when the picture is scrambled just to see if it makes a difference. The fact that the problem is intermittent suggest to me that it is a loose or broken wire that makes and breaks contact.

Please let us know if you have any success.

Joe
jttar
Sony Legend
Sony Legend

by johnr29 » Wed Jan 13, 2010 5:52 pm

Thanks Joe,will do.
johnr29
Sony Fan
Sony Fan

by sonydcrhc32 » Tue Jun 15, 2010 6:51 pm

Hi

I just wanted to give a big THANKS to this thread and the pics from brimest0ne.  I have the sony DCR-HC32 Camcorder and with a few different ribbon locations was able to use the paper solution without the foam tape to get the camcorder working again.  For the DCR-HC32 the ribbon that requires the paper (I used a business card for thickness) is located in the upper right side / edge from the hinge.

sonydcrhc32
Sony Fan
Sony Fan

by jttar » Tue Jun 22, 2010 6:52 pm

Hello sonydcrhc32,
Greetings and welcome. Happy to hear that this thread and brimest0ne's explanation with pics were of help. Perhaps we should include the DCR-HC32 in the screen no longer working.

Joe
jttar
Sony Legend
Sony Legend

by razzbud » Tue Jul 20, 2010 10:21 am

I too had the same problem--sudden loss of function on the 505 touch screen.
I tried the paper trick but made it worse.  took it out and put the foam tape on instead.  It worked fine. I am real happy not to have spent 200.00 plus to get it fixed.
I used the pics that brimestone posted most helpful

Thanks
razzbud
Sony Fan
Sony Fan

by proudtofail » Wed Oct 20, 2010 11:44 am

Hi,
Thanks for the brilliant explanations on here - i am really hoping this will work on my camera when i next have it (I'm away from home for the next 2 weeks).

Does anyone know if this is likely to work on a Sony DCR SR35? The touchscreen has just stopped working but the screen itself appears fine.

Any help would be much appreciated as i really can't afford to buy a new one!

Many thanks,
James
proudtofail
Sony Fan
Sony Fan

by ThankYou » Mon Oct 24, 2011 6:52 am

Thank you EKRAM and BrimsestOne! You not only gave me the tools to fix my handycam, you also enabled me to spend an hour as an electrical engineer (again). Thanks.
ThankYou
Sony Fan
Sony Fan

by ilovesony3 » Sat Jan 07, 2012 3:19 pm

Hey everyone, i have a DVD505 with the touch screen not working. You can view all the options perfectly but then I tried to fix it by following the picture steps and now on my camcorder, all that pops up is a white screen. Can anybody help? THANK YOU!!
ilovesony3
Sony Fan
Sony Fan

by KWcan » Sat Feb 11, 2012 4:26 am

Thankyou Ekram, Puckliny, brimestOne and others!  I have a Sony DCR-HC26 miniDV cam and the LCD touchscreen stopped function after I transported it in luggage.  After following the instructions and photos from this post I was able to get the touchscreen functioning again.  yaye !  My camera is a tiny bit different but the photos are close enough that the solution worked !!  Thanks!
KWcan
Sony Fan
Sony Fan

Previous

Return to Camera Misc.