[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 35: Use of undefined constant topic - assumed 'topic' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP)
Agoraquest • View topic - SONY HDR SR11/12

Advanced search
It is currently Thu Dec 12, 2019 9:49 am
Please Login or Register to take advantage of all of our forum benefits.

View topic - SONY HDR SR11/12

SONY HDR SR11/12

This Forum is for any other questions you might have

Moderator: jttar

by CoolP » Tue Aug 26, 2008 6:10 am

I just got off the phpone with SONY customer service and am absolutely shocked to find out that there is no way to use the SONY Hard Drive cameras as webcams, or for live streaming. According to them, hard drive cameras do not firewire outputs, and therefore do not have this capability.

When I bought the camera, it never even occured to me that such a basic function would be missing. Am I not getting sometthing here? Is there a workaround for this? (I've read about enabling USB streaming in other posts.)

Someone please tell me that this SONY customer service rep was wrong and that there *is* a way to stream from SONY HD Video cameras!
CoolP
Sony Fan
Sony Fan

by jehill » Tue Aug 26, 2008 3:30 pm

Welcome to Agoraquest!  Do you have an A/V input that you can connect your HandyCam to?  If so, somehow, you should be able to use the digital video stream produced by the card that you are connected to.  I guess what you expected is a digital bit stream via the USB connection, right?  The closest that you will come to that is the digital bit stream  provided by the HDMI output.
jehill
Sony Senior Advisor
Sony Senior Advisor

Return to Camera Misc.