[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 35: Use of undefined constant topic - assumed 'topic' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP)
Agoraquest • View topic - HDR-SR11 / 12 Standard Definition Question

Advanced search
It is currently Tue Dec 10, 2019 6:44 am
Please Login or Register to take advantage of all of our forum benefits.

View topic - HDR-SR11 / 12 Standard Definition Question

HDR-SR11 / 12 Standard Definition Question

This Forum is for any other questions you might have

Moderator: jttar

by shaunoc1 » Sat Aug 16, 2008 6:29 am

Hi there -
I want to buy a Sony HDR-SR11 or 12.

I will need to use the standard definition setting on it for some projects. However, I want to make sure that the SD will work on Premier Pro CS3 (since I know that the AVCHD format also on the camera isn't compatible with it).

On the Sony website it says the SD format is MPEG2, but what exactly is the file extension, and will it definitely work with Premier?

I used a Sony hanycam hd dcr-sr32 on some older projects and had no problems importing the video.

I know this probably seems like a silly question but I want to be sure that the software will accept the camera's video files before spending a so much cash on it!

Thanks a million -

Shaun
shaunoc1
Sony Fan
Sony Fan

by NiteHawk » Sat Aug 16, 2008 7:19 am

Welcome to the forum.  You should have no problems using CS3 to edit SD video from your camera.  The format for recording SD video to disc or harddrive is MPEG2.  The file extension is identified as MPEG.       
NiteHawk
Sony Addict
Sony Addict

by MissBianca » Sun Sep 21, 2008 6:00 pm

Unfortunately the audio will not convert over from the HDR-SR11 camcorder. I am running Windows Vista Ultimate, have 3GB of memory and a lofty HD. I am using CS3 Premier Pro and the HDR-SR11 camera. I recorded footage in SD format, attemtped to use CS3 and the program does not recognize the camera. Also when I go to import to find the SD files (in mpeg2 format) ...CS3 will import the footage without the audio attached.

According to Sony chat online support~there must be a missing codec for the audio format between CS3 and the camcorder. tech support prompted me to contact Cs3 tech support for further help.
MissBianca
Sony Fan
Sony Fan

Return to Camera Misc.