[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 35: Use of undefined constant topic - assumed 'topic' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3912)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4779: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3912)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3912)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4781: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3912)
Agoraquest • View topic - Going to throw my HDR-CX7 in the trash sometime soon

Advanced search
It is currently Mon Dec 09, 2019 2:04 pm
Please Login or Register to take advantage of all of our forum benefits.

View topic - Going to throw my HDR-CX7 in the trash sometime soon

Going to throw my HDR-CX7 in the trash sometime soon

This Forum is for any other questions you might have

Moderator: jttar

by marcus-keeler » Fri Jul 04, 2008 1:11 pm

I'm going crazy.
I experimented with solid state camcorders a couple of years ago but they were too primitaive in terms of image quality and also in the implimentation of MPG4 or whichever codec the manufacturer chose.

After some time away from the scene (using tape) I pulled the trigger on the HDR-CX7 unit as I'd heard good reviews.

Unfortunately I see little has changed in my time away from tapeless camcorders   

HD mode - My PC can't edit the data, it's too slow. OK, I'll use my Apple. I had to buy a third party utility to recrunch the MTS files into useable format.   Well ok, at least i can use the files now even though I have to wait an inordinate amount of time for them to recode.

SD mode & Slow motion - My PC can play the files in media viewer, but Movie maker (on three machines) goes into a CPU meltdown loop. CPU goes to 97% and nothing happens following video import.  Nice touch.
My Apple opens the file but there's no sound. Equally nice touch.

Of course, Sony would have us believe it's normal DIVX but how come all other DIVX file runs and edit beautifully of both my PC's and Macs.

Why don't I use the Sony utility>  because I don't want to. i want a camera to give me a file i can edit in any other package of my choice. if they weren't so tight fisted and paid for a decent encoder that we all have access to, this wouldn't happen.

How on earth do you serious video editors handle the files?  I say serious, i don't mean disrespect to those who merely play back the video onto a tv, i mean the Offline editing guys.

Hopefully someone out there can save this camcorder from the crusher.
marcus-keeler
Sony Fan
Sony Fan

by Maxxwire » Tue Jul 15, 2008 10:47 am

Maxxwire
Sony Adept
Sony Adept

Return to Camera Misc.