[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 35: Use of undefined constant topic - assumed 'topic' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3912)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4779: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3912)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3912)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4781: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3912)
Agoraquest • View topic - Sony DSC H-9

Advanced search
It is currently Sat Sep 26, 2020 12:00 pm
Please Login or Register to take advantage of all of our forum benefits.

View topic - Sony DSC H-9

Sony DSC H-9

This Forum is for any other questions you might have

Moderator: jttar

by Maxxwire » Sun Aug 31, 2008 9:50 pm

Thank you very much John. It seems as though everytime I get a new Camera I end up going back and reshooting the same stock photos of my Audio equipment over again, but with this Sony DSC H-9 and its Zeiss Glass it may be that I won't have to repeat this process again.

~Maxx~

-----------------
A Satisfied Sony Fan Since 1974!

*Sony DSC H-9 aka Sony H-9 MaxxPix

Maxxwire
Sony Adept
Sony Adept

by Maxxwire » Tue Sep 09, 2008 4:01 pm

This last weekend I upgraded to a 32" Sony Bravia KDL 32L4000 Monitor which my Notebook is supplying with a 1280 X 720 Resolution Analog Video signal via the D-Sub 15 Pin VGA input. which is considerably downsized from the Computer display's native Resolution of 1440 X 900.

Since we were on the subject of images of Audio equipment I thought that I would post this picture that I took one night of the neon sign in a Record Shop window. Of course I Maxx'd around a little with the camera while shooting it...

~Maxx~

-----------------

Maxxwire
Sony Adept
Sony Adept

by Maxxwire » Fri Sep 12, 2008 2:57 pm

Although I haven't printed it up yet this uncropped picture of the full moon taken hand held with the X-Glass using Sony Steady Shot looks to be at least as good quality of an image as I got shooting with my film camera using its 3,400 mm Baush & Lomb lens set at 2,000mm while holding my breath and using a tripod although the size of the image is somewhat smaller since the H-9 is only shooting at a 1,580mm equivalent.

~Maxx~

PS- March 2009- After experimenting with the many settings on the Sony H-9 I was able to improve the image quality and detailing of my Moon Shots by a considerable margin. If you are interested in the details of what settings and lenses I used on the H-9 to get even better quality pictures of the Moon than I was able to with my Ricoh Film Camera go to PAGE 15 OF THIS THREAD.

March 2009 Moon Shot

Maxxwire
Sony Adept
Sony Adept

by jehill » Sat Sep 13, 2008 3:26 pm

Still looks great to me!  there certainly is a big difference in quality between the new and old pictures of your amp.
jehill
Sony Senior Advisor
Sony Senior Advisor

by Maxxwire » Sun Sep 14, 2008 11:49 am

John- One of the greatest advantages that the Sony H-9 has over my old Nikon L-3 which had to use flash indoors is that the H-9 is able to take advantage of the use of carefully set up incandecent lighting. My Dad taught me decades ago that good lighting is essential to a good quality photograph.

The ability to take advantage of proper lighting and its amazing Zeiss Lens give the quality of the images from the Sony H-9 a decided advantage over the Nikon L-3 and its inability to take photographs indoors without the use of flash as was also evidenced in the pictures of the Conrad Johnson Power Amp.

~Maxx~

A Satisfied Sony Fan Since 1974

-----------------

Maxxwire
Sony Adept
Sony Adept

by Maxxwire » Mon Sep 15, 2008 12:45 pm

Welcome to page 4 of the Sony DSC H-9 MaxxPix...

~Maxx~

-----------------

Maxxwire
Sony Adept
Sony Adept

by jehill » Mon Sep 15, 2008 4:05 pm

Cute little bugger, isn't he?  Another oustanding photo!
jehill
Sony Senior Advisor
Sony Senior Advisor

by jttar » Mon Sep 15, 2008 5:38 pm

Great shot Maxx!

Did you provide the peanut and put him in the classic pose? Nice job.

Joe
jttar
Sony Legend
Sony Legend

by Maxxwire » Mon Sep 15, 2008 8:00 pm

This little fellow found that peanut all on his own and he must have been pretty proud of himself because he posed for over 20 pictures documenting his accomplishment.

~Maxx~

-----------------

Maxxwire
Sony Adept
Sony Adept

by Maxxwire » Fri Sep 19, 2008 9:26 pm

~Maxx~

-----------------