[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 35: Use of undefined constant topic - assumed 'topic' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3912)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4779: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3912)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3912)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4781: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3912)
Agoraquest • View topic - Sony DSC H-9

Advanced search
It is currently Sat Feb 29, 2020 10:02 am
Please Login or Register to take advantage of all of our forum benefits.

View topic - Sony DSC H-9

Sony DSC H-9

This Forum is for any other questions you might have

Moderator: jttar

by Maxxwire » Tue Jul 15, 2008 10:21 pm

____Enter X-Glass____

I have now added a Sony's 1.7X Teleconversion Lens to my Sony DSC H-9 and it has increased the 35 mm equivalent focal length of its Zeiss Lens from 455 mm to 790 mm with the following results.

This photo was taken at 25.5X which is the H-9's 15X Zeiss Lens combined with the 1.7 Power X-Glass.

This is the same shot from the exact same spot using the 790 mm focal length of the 15X Zeiss Lens and X-Glass plus the 2X Digital Zoom hand held using Sony's Super Steady Shot.

I started out taking photos with a Leica Camera, a 300 MM Lens and a tripod 40 years ago and I never dreamed that I'd ever be able to get shots like this at 1,580 mm equivqalent focal length without the aid of a tripod, but the H-9 with X-Glass changed all of that!

~Maxx~

-----------------
A Satisfied Sony Fan Since 1974!

*Sony DSC H-9 aka Sony H-9 MaxxPix

Maxxwire
Sony Adept
Sony Adept

by Maxxwire » Sat Jul 19, 2008 1:02 pm

This is how the DSC H-9 sees the fountain from about 75' away through the X-Glass on a sunny afternoon.

~Maxx~

-----------------

Maxxwire
Sony Adept
Sony Adept

by Maxxwire » Sat Jul 19, 2008 1:33 pm

Nikon L-3 rendering of the Sony DSC H-9 with X-Glass.

~Maxx~

-----------------

Maxxwire
Sony Adept
Sony Adept

by Maxxwire » Mon Jul 21, 2008 9:20 pm

~Maxx~

-----------------

Maxxwire
Sony Adept
Sony Adept

by Maxxwire » Wed Jul 23, 2008 11:43 pm

I was on a journey up to Pro Photo this afternoon and I made an unexpected stop along the way to take 170+ photos. Fortunately a few of them turned out alright.

~Maxx~

-----------------

Maxxwire
Sony Adept
Sony Adept

by Maxxwire » Thu Jul 24, 2008 3:42 pm

I ran into a little fellow who was hard at work doing what he does best when I was out on my photo shoot today.

This is a 1:1 crop of the original picture above giving us a closer look at this busy fellow.

~Maxx~

-----------------

Maxxwire
Sony Adept
Sony Adept

by jttar » Thu Jul 24, 2008 7:01 pm

Maxx,

For me, this is one of the most enjoyable threads on the forum. Your photos are remarkable and I so enjoy the beauty of your subjects. Thank you for sharing your latest photo shoot with us.

Joe
jttar
Sony Legend
Sony Legend

by Maxxwire » Sun Jul 27, 2008 12:36 pm

Joe- Being able to now use a great Camera like the Sony DSC H-9 with its Zeiss Lens and a Computer to present the Digital images imakes for as much fun as I've had in Photography since I was in the Portland State dark room developing film and making prints 40 years ago only now the pictures are made in Full Color without Chemicals, but that Magical feeling of discovering a whole new world of perception one image at a time is exactly the same as it ever was.

~Maxx~

-----------------

Maxxwire
Sony Adept
Sony Adept

by Maxxwire » Sat Aug 02, 2008 8:10 pm

Wanting to take advantage of the DSC H-9's several manual setting modes I've started to experiment with doing some time lapse image gathering in the evenings. This is a 2 second exposure that I took last night.

~Maxx~

-----------------

Maxxwire
Sony Adept
Sony Adept

by Maxxwire » Sat Aug 02, 2008 8:24 pm

This is another example of the many various types of images that can be created with some manual manipulation of the DSC H-9 during the capture period.

~Maxx~

-----------------

Maxxwire
Sony Adept
Sony Adept

PreviousNext

Return to Camera Misc.