[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 35: Use of undefined constant topic - assumed 'topic' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3912)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4779: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3912)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3912)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4781: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3912)
Agoraquest • View topic - Sony DSC H-9

Advanced search
It is currently Mon Jul 22, 2019 11:23 pm
Please Login or Register to take advantage of all of our forum benefits.

View topic - Sony DSC H-9

Sony DSC H-9

This Forum is for any other questions you might have

Moderator: jttar

by Maxxwire » Sat Jun 14, 2008 11:30 am

As I round out my 20,000 Posts here at Agoraquest I wanted to share some downscaled versions of the first pictures that I have taken with my new Sony DSC H-9 8.1MP Digital Camera over the last few weeks.

~Maxx~

-----------------

A Satisfied Sony Fan Since 1974!

Maxxwire
Sony Adept
Sony Adept

by Maxxwire » Sat Jun 14, 2008 11:34 am

~Maxx~

-----------------

*Sony DSC H-9 aka Sony H-9 MaxxPix

Maxxwire
Sony Adept
Sony Adept

by Maxxwire » Sat Jun 14, 2008 11:57 am

This is one of the shots I took while familiarizing myself with the H-9's Zeiss 15X Optical Zoom Lens which is the equivalent of 465mm with Super Steady Shot on a subject that is perpetually moving. I have a great appreciation for Super Steady shot after having spent years using my Film Camera and its 4,000mm Bausch & Lomb zoom lens on a bulky much less than steady tripod.

~Maxx~

-----------------

Maxxwire
Sony Adept
Sony Adept

by jttar » Sat Jun 14, 2008 8:16 pm

Maxx,

It is times like this that I really am glad that you have updated from your Sony terminal and we can see your pictures in their stunning glory.

The pictures are gorgeous, what beautiful colors. You truly have the artists eye for capturing the subject. The apple didn't fall far from the tree.

Joe
jttar
Sony Legend
Sony Legend

by Maxxwire » Sat Jun 14, 2008 8:50 pm

I took some pictures of these Canadian Geese down at Waterfront Park on the Willamette River yesterday at the DSC H-9's 31mm default lens setting as a frame of reference.

~Maxx~

-----------------

Maxxwire
Sony Adept
Sony Adept

by Maxxwire » Sat Jun 14, 2008 9:22 pm

I took this picture from the exact same position
hand held using Sony's Super Steady Shot Feature with the DSC H-9's 465mm equivalent 15X Zeiss Lens in conjunction with its 2X Digital Zoom and then scaled it to 1000x750 pixels from the original .jpg with no Cropping or Photoshop whatsoever.

I haven't been able to get telephoto shots even close to this quality since my Dad let me use his Leica Camera with a 300mm lens attachment back in 1968 when I took Photography at Portland State. Gotta love that German Glass!

~Maxx~

-----------------

Maxxwire
Sony Adept
Sony Adept

by jttar » Sun Jun 15, 2008 7:40 pm

Maxx,

I whole heartedly agree, you have to love those Carl Zeiss lens's. My Sony DCR-DVD505 camcorder uses a Zeiss lens also. Although it's still pictures cannot match your DSC H-9 camera the picture quality of my movies is incedible.

The duck close up is fantastic. I do beleive that I can see a few mites between those feathers. Great shot!

Joe
jttar
Sony Legend
Sony Legend

by Maxxwire » Wed Jun 18, 2008 11:23 am

Joe-The difference in quality between these two pictures clearly demonstrates the the differences between the Cameras that took them.The Sony H-9's 2.7f Zeiss Lens has the great advantage of being able to take pictures without using a flash under most existing ligting conditions.Even in situations like this where additional lighting was used the Nikon L-3 simply could not take a picture like the SonyD-9 can because it could not take this kind of picture or most any picture without using flash which gave the pictures a very cold color temperature and a shadowy appearance.

~Maxx~

-----------------

Maxxwire
Sony Adept
Sony Adept

by jttar » Wed Jun 18, 2008 8:32 pm

Maxx,

What a nice comparison. Both pictures are sharp and clear but the Sony H-9 shot with the Carl Zeiss lens has a noticeable difference in warmth. Look at the difference in color on the red ring on the + connector. Very impressive.

Joe
jttar
Sony Legend
Sony Legend

by Maxxwire » Thu Jun 19, 2008 11:30 am

This is one of the 200+ pictures that I took with the Sony H-9 the first weekend I had it trying to get a feel for the differences between it and the Nikon.

~Maxx~

-----------------

Maxxwire
Sony Adept
Sony Adept

Next

Return to Camera Misc.