[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 35: Use of undefined constant topic - assumed 'topic' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP)
Agoraquest • View topic - New Alpha 100 DSLR

Advanced search
It is currently Wed Dec 11, 2019 4:20 am
Please Login or Register to take advantage of all of our forum benefits.

View topic - New Alpha 100 DSLR

New Alpha 100 DSLR

This Forum is for any other questions you might have

Moderator: jttar

by SNY4ME » Wed Jan 09, 2008 2:21 pm

Well for a change of pace, my Boxing Day shopping was a little away from my electronic norm.

We ended up buying a Sony Alpha 100 Digital SLR Camera.

We've been thinking about it for sometime now and the deal that was offered at the Sony store was just too good to pass up.

We got a Kit that included two lenses, plus we also picked up a 4GB card and battery for it aswell.

Definately a serious peice of hardware indeed. My fiance is very excited about it, and wants to make it a serious hobby.

Other than the battery and the card we haven't purchased any accessories yet, a bag, tripod, flash, filters etc.

So,  if any body has any recommendations in accessories, brands or online retailers to get these items from that would be great.

I would also like to here any tips, hints, tricks or reviews that any one has to offer.

Lyle
SNY4ME
Sony Aficionado
Sony Aficionado

by Toli » Thu Jan 10, 2008 3:20 am

SNY4ME,

That's a nice camera. What lense(s) did you get for it? What camera did it replace?

Also, for those who haven't heard of Boxing day, for a definition click here.
Toli

Toli
Sony Legend
Sony Legend

by SNY4ME » Thu Jan 10, 2008 3:48 pm

Toli,

It came with SAL75300 and SAL1870 zoom lenses in the kit. I figure for now it is a pretty good start. Any other lense purchases will have to be very well thought out due to their high price.

It is not really replacing anything, but it is in addition to our 3 year old Sony DSC-W5 camera. It is a really great point and shoot camera, but it lacks the finesse and control of a serious DSLR.

I did however use it to take the pic of my "award winning" aquarium last spring. Here is the link to the that pic if you need a refresher.

http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2007-1/1241654/Lyles72gBowfront04.04.2007.jpg

I do plan on entering again this year with a different aquarium layout and some new fish and plants. I'm sure the DSLR will definatily help my chances of coming out on top again. However, it is going to be difficult to pull off since I am on the road 95% of the time. But I'm not going to cop out on it either.

Lyle

SNY4ME
Sony Aficionado
Sony Aficionado

Return to Camera Misc.