[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 35: Use of undefined constant topic - assumed 'topic' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3912)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4779: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3912)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3912)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4781: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3912)
Agoraquest • View topic - sony vs. canon

Advanced search
It is currently Thu Dec 12, 2019 2:51 am
Please Login or Register to take advantage of all of our forum benefits.

View topic - sony vs. canon

sony vs. canon

This Forum is for any other questions you might have

Moderator: jttar

by alphone » Wed Jan 09, 2008 10:08 am

I would like to know your opinions: can a canon compete with a sony, at the same price?
alphone
Sony Fan
Sony Fan

by alphone » Wed Jan 09, 2008 10:26 am

I saw lot of people say that canon is better. But I don't think so.
alphone
Sony Fan
Sony Fan

by alphone » Sat Jan 12, 2008 11:17 am

Still waiting for your opinions...
alphone
Sony Fan
Sony Fan

by claudio » Sat Jan 12, 2008 1:21 pm

I saw this on another website

Canon - excellent reputation as a camera maker. Wonderful lenses, great response time. Very little chromatic aberrations, great color without artificial saturation.

Nikon - same as above, with exception of response time. Very slow and confusing controls.

Sony
-Nice little cameras and seem to be made for mass consumer market.Simplecontrols lots of features. Over saturation of colors,acceptableresponse time. Horrible chromatic aberrations and distortion,but goodenough for consumer use. Lousy customer service and longevity ofc ameras not established.

Honestly in if price is the same, I normally go with Sony. I like their customer support a bit better thenC anon. I have bought both cameras in the past. Both are really good andI don't think there is much difference between the two. I think Sony are easier to use.

Here is a link to the best cameras

http://www.steves-digicams.com/best_cameras.html

There are more Canon listed so I guess based off this than Canon are better.

Claudio

Founder
Agoraquest
claudio
Sony Addict
Sony Addict

by alphone » Mon Jan 14, 2008 8:34 am

many thanks, claudio.
alphone
Sony Fan
Sony Fan

by hyedipin » Mon Apr 14, 2008 8:14 am

I would have to go with Canon if they were identically priced. I wonder what was your decision and what you went with?

I used 3 different Sony cybershots, but only one entry level Canon camera, and I noticed that the entry level Canon took pictures just as good as higher end Sony camera with much larger lens.

Other than that, it comes down to features and price.
I noticed that more and more sony cameras stop including Zoom while Recording feature on their digi cams. This is a big minus!
hyedipin
Sony Devotee
Sony Devotee

by JonRiley » Mon Sep 08, 2008 9:52 am

I would have to agree with Claudio.  Everyone has their opinions of course but between the two I would probably choose the Sony but I think they are both great cameras.  
JonRiley
Sony Fan
Sony Fan

by Maxxwire » Mon Sep 08, 2008 1:43 pm

I read a review written by a professional photographer who uses a Nikon D-300 for his work, but takes his 31-465mm Sony DSC H-9 with him when he goes out hiking and according to him no one he shows the pictures to can tell the difference in the quality of the pictures he takes with either camera.

As far as my own personal experience with Digital cameras over the last few years I've shot thousands of pictures with a $700 Canon S-10, a $200 Nikon L-3 and a $500 Sony DSC H-9 and posted hundereds of pictures some from each camera here on Agoraquest and my practical experience is that the Sony DSC H-9 is so superior to either the Canon or the Nikon that I have been compelled to go back and reshoot many of the pictures and replace them with the ones from the Sony. Here is one of the those many instances where I felt compelled to replace the first picture taken by the Nikon with the one taken by the Sony...

Like the Professional Photographer I mentioned above I enjoy taking the lightweight Sony DSC H-9 and its 31 - 455 mm Zeiss Lens with me wherever I go because opportunity is the first rule of photography and you never know when a memorable shot might present itself.

I'm not saying that that the Sony DSC H-9 is the very best camera for everyone's photographic needs, but for me it has rendered the best images I've seen since I was using a Leica 3C with a 300 mm lens that must have weighed 10 lbs and required the use of a tripod which Sony Steady Shot has completely eliminated the need for even when shooting hand held at 1,580 mm equivalent with Sony's 1.7X Teleconverter Lens combined with the H-9's 2X optical zoom as in this photo which was taken from several blocks away and was scaled straight from the original jpeg with no cropping, photoshop or image management...

This is my Sony DSC H-9 as rendered by my old Nikon camera. If I had another H-9 I could show you what it really looks like.

Possibly the most bottom line accurate hands on evaluation of a camera is in how often it gets taken out of its case and used. So far in the last 3 months that I've had my H-9 I've taken well over 5,000 pictures with it and I think that fact more than any other expresses my level of satisfaction with using this camera.

~Maxx~

Maxxwire
Sony Adept
Sony Adept

Return to Camera Misc.