[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 35: Use of undefined constant topic - assumed 'topic' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP)
Agoraquest • View topic - What is WRONG with Sony - US Products limitations

Advanced search
It is currently Mon Sep 21, 2020 4:05 pm
Please Login or Register to take advantage of all of our forum benefits.

View topic - What is WRONG with Sony - US Products limitations

What is WRONG with Sony - US Products limitations

This Forum is for any other questions you might have

Moderator: jttar

by GermanMan » Thu Nov 18, 2004 6:51 pm

What the heck is wrong with the morons running Sony? Are they really this stupid? If its just Sony USA, then Sony Japan is still stupid for allowing it.

Why, oh, why does Sony not make products available in the USA when they are sold in other parts of the world, particularly, when the products are quite sellable in the US.

Its bad enough the new ES recievers are not avialble in Black in the US while the rest of the world does get them that way, but now this:

I have a DCR-PC5 camera. I want to film at the beach and in the water. Solution, get the sport-pac SPK-PC5, designed for that camera line that is watertight to 2m and allows the use of all of the features of the camcorder.

Problem, Sony doesn't sell the SPK-PC5 in the US. Why? Who knows.

So you have to order it from Canada, Austria, Germany, the UK or Japan.

ARGH!
GermanMan
Sony Enthusiast
Sony Enthusiast

by jttar » Sat Nov 20, 2004 11:51 am

GermanMan,

I share your frustration of lack of color or product choice in different parts of the world. I am sure that Sony has spent many dollars doing marketing research to establish which countries get what but it is beyond me why all Sony products and colors aren't available everywhere. Even if the color thing is a marketing ploy to have the consumer re-purchase new components so that they all match it still makes little sense not to have something like the SPK-PC5 available in a broad market like the US. 

Joe 
jttar
Sony Legend
Sony Legend

by Razgo » Tue Nov 23, 2004 11:43 am

the same thing happens here in Australia. USA will get something that i can't get here.
i remember watching something on TV onnce that described how the future car industry will manufacture on demand.
in other words you would log in to an online site and order your car and can watch the production process on their remote web cams.

the point? well it takes the guess work out of what color cars people want. and takes the guess work out of what the current vehicle trend is.

now if sony did this it wold be really cool

SONY - GR10AV - Front Speakers: 100 watts

Surround Speakers: 12.5 watts Centre Speaker: 25 watts - SUB Woofer - SAW10G-Sony DVD - DVP S7700 -Sony Hi-Fi VHS slvZ725-TV-Panasonic

130cm TX-51P 100H (what was i thinking)-Sony 200 CD player-- Sony MD7509 ca

Razgo
Sony Enthusiast
Sony Enthusiast

Return to Camera Misc.