[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 35: Use of undefined constant topic - assumed 'topic' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP)
Agoraquest • View topic - HC series USB to PC?

Advanced search
It is currently Fri Aug 14, 2020 5:34 am
Please Login or Register to take advantage of all of our forum benefits.

View topic - HC series USB to PC?

HC series USB to PC?

This Forum is for any other questions you might have

Moderator: jttar

by climo » Thu Sep 16, 2004 8:04 pm

Ok, I've been playing with my HC40 for a few days and cannot seem to be able to download my home movie to my pc. I thought the USB cable was going to work when transfering my video to pc. What about people w/o firewire capability?

Can I transfer my home movies (from tape) to my pc with the supplied USB cable?????....or do I have to purchase the firewire cable?

I've read numerous threads but none had a concrete answer to the problem. The software sony includes seems very weak. Once I figure out how to get the video out to my pc then I will get some new software. Any suggestions....easier to use the better!!

Great forum by the way....keep up the good work!!
climo
Sony Fan
Sony Fan

by NiteHawk » Fri Sep 17, 2004 2:26 am

What's in the Box

Sony tosses in almost everything you need to get started, with the exception of a tape, editing software, and FireWire (iLink) cable. Inside the box, you'll find:

• Sony DCR-HC40 Digital Video Camcorder
  • NP-FP50 InfoLithium battery
  • AC Adapter / Battery charger
  • 8MB Memory Stick Duo w/adapter
  • Remote control
  • Lens cleaning cloth
  • A/V cable
  • USB cable CD-ROM with Picture Package and USB drivers
    146 page camera + separate software manuals (both printed)

The above info was lifed from a Website for your camera.  As you can see they supplied you with a USB cable, for downloading still photos, but you will still need the FireWire cable and a computer with a FireWire port to download the video. Have a nice day. 

NiteHawk
Sony Addict
Sony Addict

by Brainalmostdead » Fri Jun 03, 2005 1:29 pm

Hi,

Please make sure that the camcorder power switch is set to PLAY/EDIT and the USB PLY/EDT to USB STREAM in the camcorder STANDARD SET menu. Also, ensure that these settings are made before connecting the camcorder to the computer.

Once you set the above setting, the camera should be recognized by the computer and u shld be able to transfer the video.

Bye
Brainalmostdead
Sony Fan
Sony Fan

Return to Camera Misc.