[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 35: Use of undefined constant topic - assumed 'topic' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP)
Agoraquest • View topic - Photo software question

Advanced search
It is currently Sun Jan 24, 2021 4:54 am
Please Login or Register to take advantage of all of our forum benefits.

View topic - Photo software question

Photo software question

This Forum is for any other questions you might have

Moderator: jttar

by nork » Thu Aug 26, 2004 4:56 am

A friend of mine has a few older black and white pics which are worn in some places. She wants me to clean them
up. I used to do that in win 98 but havent done this type of work lately.
I need to get rid of the wrinkles, dots, and bad spots.
I cant remember which photo software i used back then so can anyone give me the name of some software that will do
the job. The software has to be able to remove the wrinkles, fill in the dots and bad spots, and colorize the
photos. I imagine photoshop will do the job but i am wondering if anyone knows of any other software that will do the same. I tried using photoshop in the past and found the learning curve to be too much for me at the time.

Maybe i would face the same prob with another software?
Can anyone come up with some names of software progs that will do the job and/or other advice?
I have m\\soft picture it 7.0 and HP photosmart but they dont seem to have the power to do the job for me.

thanks
nork
Sony Fan
Sony Fan

by nork » Thu Aug 26, 2004 7:47 am

I have another question. I can get my hands on corel draw. Would Corel draw allow me to do what i need to do?
Would the learning curve be as tough as with photoshop?

thanks
nork
Sony Fan
Sony Fan

by NiteHawk » Thu Aug 26, 2004 11:27 am

I actually found the learning curve more difficult with CorelDraw, which has a photo editing section vs. Photoshop.

You just happened to have picked two premire software packages that use to retail for $599; if you believe price to be an indicator.  Both can be had for substancally less.

However, Photoshop does have a watered down version, called Photoshop Elements, that can basically do what you want.

Getting rid of the wrinkles and bad spots can be achieved in Photoshop by using the clone stamp tool.  The newer version in addition has a healing brush tool, which looks like a bandaid.  Both of these icons are located on the left side menu bar.

Colorizing is a little more involved, but if you take the time to search the internet, I'm sure that you can find the procedure.    
NiteHawk
Sony Addict
Sony Addict

by nork » Thu Aug 26, 2004 1:49 pm

Thanks Nighthawk!

Anyone else have any ideas or info?

I am going to get myself a copy of pshop elements and give it a try.
nork
Sony Fan
Sony Fan

Return to Camera Misc.