[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 35: Use of undefined constant topic - assumed 'topic' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP)
Agoraquest • View topic - DCR-HC20

Advanced search
It is currently Wed Sep 23, 2020 4:31 pm
Please Login or Register to take advantage of all of our forum benefits.

View topic - DCR-HC20

DCR-HC20

This Forum is for any other questions you might have

Moderator: jttar

by Johnny4 » Sun May 30, 2004 3:09 am

I am new to this forum and to camcorders in general.  I purchased the hc20 a couple of weeks ago. I went to Walmart to buy the TRV260 digital 8, but the clerk showed me the hc20 and it is a privilage to hold such a great cam.  The touch screen is easy to use and it feels very ergonomic.  He told me that I can bring it back anytime in 30 days if I don't like it, so I shelled out $500 and took it home.  In a fairly large room with 1-100w lamp and the TV on it took amazing pictures.  It is the best low-lite camcorder pics I have seen.  It does great outdoors also.  I use Windows Movie Maker (free download) and when I grab  a frame and print it out it is really good. 
  I also have the new Canon S1-IS camera, because it takes 640x480 at 30 frames a second and has a 10x optical zoom.  The sony puts it to shame in quality of video.  The 3.2 megapixel (8x10's) are spectacular, but it is the video I am really interested in.
  I am looking for a way to import portions of vcr tapes into my computer so I can burn them to cd., and go strictly digital. I would prefere firewire, but I have usb 2.0.  Also, when you turn a vcr signal to digital, how is the quality?
  I really like this site and hope to be here often.

John Adams
Johnny4
Sony Fan
Sony Fan

by NiteHawk » Sun May 30, 2004 4:03 am

Welcome to the forum.

You can pickup an external USB capture box, such as Adaptec's VideOh, ADS's USB Instant DVD 2.0, or Pinnacle Systems' Studio MovieBox USB.

Any of these products can do a decent job of transferring analog to digital, but then it all depends on the quality of video signal.  Having a VCR with an S-Video output would not hurt either.   
NiteHawk
Sony Addict
Sony Addict

Return to Camera Misc.