[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 35: Use of undefined constant topic - assumed 'topic' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP)
Agoraquest • View topic - DSC-T1 from Japan ?

Advanced search
It is currently Mon Sep 21, 2020 4:13 pm
Please Login or Register to take advantage of all of our forum benefits.

View topic - DSC-T1 from Japan ?

DSC-T1 from Japan ?

This Forum is for any other questions you might have

Moderator: jttar

by craigc » Thu Mar 18, 2004 12:51 pm

Hi all,

A quick question - I am from Australia, but I am going on holiday to Japan in May and am looking to buy a Sony DSC-T1 camera.

Anyway - the camera is almost half of the Australian price in Japan, and I would love to get it from there obviously, but I wondered if anybody here is from Japan or has purchased a camera from Japan and can answer a few questions I have.

Firstly, is the camera exactly the same as the English version?  I am assuming that they have a multi language interface and I could simply change it to English rather than Japanese?

My other question is regarding the power supply - would it be 100-240v compatible?  Most power transformers are, but as Japan is 100v and Australia is 240, I just want to check before hand, as obviously if I need to buy a power supply her in AU then the cost is going to quickly escalate.

Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks in advance

Craig
craigc
Sony Fan
Sony Fan

by Toli » Thu Mar 18, 2004 1:24 pm

craigc- I looked in the DSC-T1's manual. On page 15, it says you can use the camera in any country with the supplied AC adaptor within 100V to 240V AC, 50/60 Hz, but depending on plug design you may need a plug adaptor.

On page 38 it talks about viewing images from the camera on TVs from many countries.

And on page 107 it mentions that Setup menu 1, has a language setting that will display in the selected language. It doesn't specify the languages available, but taking into account page 38, it probably does display in English.

I Know this isn't as deinitive as you would probably like, but it looks good. I hope this helps. Here is a link where you can look at the manual.

http://www.iq.sony.com/srvs/sosdocs/default.asp?src=sonysupport
Toli
Sony Legend
Sony Legend

Return to Camera Misc.