[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 35: Use of undefined constant topic - assumed 'topic' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP)
Agoraquest • View topic - Problem downloading to PC from DSCV1

Advanced search
It is currently Wed Sep 23, 2020 4:35 pm
Please Login or Register to take advantage of all of our forum benefits.

View topic - Problem downloading to PC from DSCV1

Problem downloading to PC from DSCV1

This Forum is for any other questions you might have

Moderator: jttar

by oceangv » Mon Jan 05, 2004 5:38 am

Anybody out there having trouble downloading images to a PC from a DSCV1. When I try to transfer images from my DSCV1 via the supplied USB cable I can't get a complete image transferred without some type of corruption in the images. Some of the images will either have half of the picture missing, or the top of the image will be askew from the bottom of the image. I have a 32MB MS (supplied) and a 128MB MS, both sticks give the same results when downloading. I have tried another cable with the same results.  Any suggestions.

- BTW - When images are viewed on the cameras LCD screen or hooked to a TV via the AV cable the images are perfect.
oceangv
Sony Fan
Sony Fan

by NiteHawk » Mon Jan 05, 2004 7:35 am

What software are you using to download the images to your computer ?     
NiteHawk
Sony Addict
Sony Addict

by oceangv » Mon Jan 05, 2004 8:06 am

I have tried the supplied SONY software 'Image Transfer' and also have tried copying the files across in windows explorer (drag and drop). Both were tried with 98SE and Windows 2000 on four PCs to no avail.
oceangv
Sony Fan
Sony Fan

by NiteHawk » Mon Jan 05, 2004 8:18 am

The only thing that's left is the camera.  This model was release recently so there is a chance that something is wrong with your particular camera.

Is it sill under warranty ?    
NiteHawk
Sony Addict
Sony Addict

by oceangv » Mon Jan 05, 2004 8:54 am

It looks like it. The camera is two weeks old. This is the first time I have tried to empty the Memory Sticks.

Thanks for your feedback. 
oceangv
Sony Fan
Sony Fan

by dclegg » Sat Jan 24, 2004 2:04 am

I have the DSCV1 (love it, BTW!) and have no problems dowloading my images on a Windows XP system. I go straight through Windows Explorer and didn't install the Sony Image Transfer software (I'm a control freak when it comes to my PC )
dclegg
Sony Fan
Sony Fan

by kezug » Thu Apr 22, 2004 2:17 pm

Do you have your camera plugged in or are you using the battery when downloading to your PC? According to the manual, you are supposed to plug in the camera to avoid botched downloads.
kezug
Sony Enthusiast
Sony Enthusiast

Return to Camera Misc.