[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 35: Use of undefined constant topic - assumed 'topic' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP)
Agoraquest • View topic - Sony Cybershot DSC-HX5V GPS not working

Advanced search
It is currently Sun Mar 29, 2020 10:24 am
Please Login or Register to take advantage of all of our forum benefits.

View topic - Sony Cybershot DSC-HX5V GPS not working

Sony Cybershot DSC-HX5V GPS not working

This Forum is questions on any problems you could have with your Sony digital camera (i.e. Sony digital camera problem issue, contrast problems, picture quality, so forth)

Moderator: jttar

by gunhero » Thu Jun 10, 2010 10:10 am

I cannot get GPS to work with my Sony Cybershot DSC-HX5V camera.

I have made sure that it is set to on, and also used the GPS support tool in PMB.

I walked in an area of about 1km of various terrain but the GPS signal is always crossed out.

Any ideas why it's not working?
gunhero
Sony Fan
Sony Fan

by bigjon2001 » Tue Jul 13, 2010 9:45 am

I have the same problem. I only got the camera today and i've ensured GPS is turned on and downloaded the GPS assist. The only thing I have left to try is to get a memory card as I've not currently got one and I wonder if it needs one to be installed first. I'd be interestedf to know if you solved your as my problem sounds the same as yours
bigjon2001
Sony Fan
Sony Fan

by jehill » Thu Jul 15, 2010 5:28 am

Welcome to Agoraquest!  I am betting that you do need the memory card to install the GPS software.
jehill
Sony Senior Advisor
Sony Senior Advisor

by picstart » Sun Jan 22, 2012 10:12 am

Sadly,
Sony writes obtuse software.....knowing that ..lets look at what Sony did with the DSC-HX5V and GPS. They use both a satellite and  no entry type icon to show the GPS is acquiring satellites. If synced  the satellite icon has one or more cell phone type bars beside it. Sony's documentation states a satellite icon alone is an indication of no satellites found. If found you get bars in most modes but in  a stroke of Sony obtuseness if synced up and the mode is easy the bars are omitted. Next if you wish to see the lat long on you playback display ....guess what it is under the brightness adjustment menu. Anyway if in EASY mode and GPS is on the camera will show a no entry type icon next the the satellite icon and upon sync up the no entry icon will disappear in other modes it will be replaced with the cell phone signal strength bars.

picstart
Sony Fan
Sony Fan

Return to Camera Troubleshooting