[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 35: Use of undefined constant topic - assumed 'topic' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP)
Agoraquest • View topic - Recording from an external source with DCR-HC36?

Advanced search
It is currently Wed Aug 21, 2019 9:47 am
Please Login or Register to take advantage of all of our forum benefits.

View topic - Recording from an external source with DCR-HC36?

Recording from an external source with DCR-HC36?

This forum is geared towards fine-tuning your Sony digital camera settings. If you have troubles or just simple questions about optimizing your picture, check out this forum. Feel free to add your suggestions to the manuals.

Moderator: jttar

by DFL-Carl » Sun Aug 20, 2006 3:28 pm

I'm wondering if its possible to record video from an external source with a DCR-HC36 handycam. In the manual it says it doesnt have AV input, but it has i.link input.

I want to put the camera in my rally car to record me racing, but I want to put it in a padded foam box to protect it, instead of bolting it to the rollcage. So if I buy some kind of bullet/lipstick camera that has AV output, connect it to a DV Bridge (any recomendations here?) that has i.link output, and connect that to the camera, will it record it? Or are there i.link bullet cams available that would work? Or am I just SOL?
DFL-Carl
Sony Fan
Sony Fan

by Toli » Mon Aug 21, 2006 1:42 pm

On 2006-08-20 19:28, DFL-Carl wrote:
I'm wondering if its possible to record video from an external source with a DCR-HC36 handycam. In the manual it says it doesnt have AV input, but it has i.link input.

I want to put the camera in my rally car to record me racing

DFL-Carl,

You can record from external devices to the DCR-HC36. You just need to connect the i-Link cable to the camcorder and the appropriate other end (depending on which cable used) to the other device [assuming that this device has output jack(s)]. You can also use the i-Link to i-Link cable if the other device is i-Link compatible.

Toli
Toli
Sony Legend
Sony Legend

by DFL-Carl » Wed Aug 23, 2006 4:29 pm

Does anyone know of any cables that have the i.link on one end and another type of connection on the other?
I thought since the i.link was a digital signal you couldnt just have another type of connection on the other end.
Does anyone know of any bullet cameras with the i.link output?
DFL-Carl
Sony Fan
Sony Fan

by Toli » Wed Aug 23, 2006 9:04 pm

On 2006-08-23 20:29, DFL-Carl wrote:
Does anyone know of any cables that have the i.link on one end and another type of connection on the other?
I thought since the i.link was a digital signal you couldnt just have another type of connection on the other end.

DFL-Carl,

Do you mean like this Sony VMC-30FS? 

http://www.crutchfield.com/S-JPWMmX95tEk/cgi-bin/ProdView.asp?g=23117&id=morephotos&pi=2&i=158VMC30FS&display=XL#Tab 

Toli
Toli
Sony Legend
Sony Legend

by DFL-Carl » Thu Aug 24, 2006 3:50 am

That cable is for the AV port. I need one for the I.link.
DFL-Carl
Sony Fan
Sony Fan

by Toli » Thu Aug 24, 2006 6:17 am

On 2006-08-24 07:50, DFL-Carl wrote:
That cable is for the AV port. I need one for the I.link.

DFL-Carl,

I apologize, because I misunderstood what I read in a description of the camera's features, due to it's wording. There is a converter box that will let you convert i-Link to RCA, but it's expensive(@ $394).

Toli
Toli
Sony Legend
Sony Legend

by DFL-Carl » Thu Aug 24, 2006 5:00 pm

Sorry I wasnt more clear. Thanks for your help!
DFL-Carl
Sony Fan
Sony Fan

by Toli » Thu Aug 24, 2006 7:44 pm

DFL-Carl,

You are welcome for the help. And you were perfectly clear in what you said. What I misread was a desription on the capability and the cable that is available for the DCR-HC36. It was worded in such a way that it gave the impression that there was an available AV cable which has an i-Link connection on the other end, which of course there isn't.

Toli
Toli
Sony Legend
Sony Legend

by seriousjimmy » Tue Sep 05, 2006 11:17 am

Toli:

I'm also looking to attach a bullet-type cam to my HDR-HC3.
i see that you mention an iLink to RCA converter box.
Can you provide more info about said box? Name, mfgr and model number?
Greatly appreciated!

Thx.

SJ
seriousjimmy
Sony Fan
Sony Fan

by Toli » Tue Sep 05, 2006 11:25 am

SJ,

I have pasted the link to that item below. Just so you know, I can say nothing about this company or this product. It is just something that I came across in an internet search.

Toli

https://secure7.nexternal.com/shared/StoreFront/default.asp?CS=avtoolbox&BusType=BtoC&Count1=282909572&Count2=
200049996&ProductID=53&Target=products.asp
Toli
Sony Legend
Sony Legend

Next

Return to Camera Configuration