[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 35: Use of undefined constant topic - assumed 'topic' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3912)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4779: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3912)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3912)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4781: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3912)
Agoraquest • View topic - DV Editing On A Computer

Advanced search
It is currently Sat Dec 07, 2019 7:24 am
Please Login or Register to take advantage of all of our forum benefits.

View topic - DV Editing On A Computer

DV Editing On A Computer

This forum is geared towards fine-tuning your Sony digital camera settings. If you have troubles or just simple questions about optimizing your picture, check out this forum. Feel free to add your suggestions to the manuals.

Moderator: jttar

by Sonycam20E » Thu Jun 16, 2005 4:18 pm

Hi Sony TRV20E users,
I am just setting up to edit DV recordings by transfering onto my computer.  My problem is that, so far, I have been unable to set the camera to display on its screen "DV OUT".  Whatever I do, the camera only displays "DV IN".  Therefore, it is not surprising that no pictue is displayed in my editing software when I play my recording.
There is definitely contact between camera and computer, because I can control the camera from the computer screen/mouse.
The camera user manual is no help in solving this problem, so do any of you experts have the answer?
In desperation,
'Soneycam20E'
P.S.  Sony UK tell me that the camera will never show 'DV OUT', that it must be a software problem.  Anyone anything to add?

Sonycam20E
Sony Fan
Sony Fan

by pingnagan » Wed Jun 22, 2005 6:30 am

Hi

I think u should probably make ur cam settings in PLAYBACK mode only then u shall do it,according to u ur cam is recognised by the computer but not getting picture,kindly go through ur cam setting on the camera to solve it.If u use windowsXP try to make out in WINDOWS MOVIE MAKER.
pingnagan
Sony Fan
Sony Fan

by The-Ish316 » Tue Mar 07, 2006 9:19 am

When I've done video transfers from a TRV120 to a PC via firewire, it's really a matter of going into Windows Explorer and seeing the Camcorder as a drive with a file in it.  All you have to do is click and drag the file to the folder where you want the raw video file to end up.

STR-DA4ES, Bravia KDL-52XBR9, DVP-NC600, BDP-S1, Athena AS-F2 fronts, AS-C1 center, CSW Surrounds; ChannelMaster DVR+, Sony HDR-SR12, TC-WR6655S
The-Ish316
Sony Aficionado
Sony Aficionado

Return to Camera Configuration