[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 35: Use of undefined constant topic - assumed 'topic' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP)
Agoraquest • View topic - Sony dcr TRV 240 Video cam quality

Advanced search
It is currently Sat Aug 24, 2019 11:41 am
Please Login or Register to take advantage of all of our forum benefits.

View topic - Sony dcr TRV 240 Video cam quality

Sony dcr TRV 240 Video cam quality

This forum is geared towards fine-tuning your Sony digital camera settings. If you have troubles or just simple questions about optimizing your picture, check out this forum. Feel free to add your suggestions to the manuals.

Moderator: jttar

by minuteaaa » Sat Jan 08, 2005 10:50 pm

Hiya, im new to the whole video camera comunity. Now when I view footage on my T.V. using the audio, video, and mono ports on my VCR hooked up to my camera in the audio/video port. Ok so I get good quality out of this. But now when I go to transfer footage to my computer, everything seems of VERY poor quality as compared to on the TV. It is hooked up via the USB cable that came with it, and running pixela image mixer 1.5. Any suggestions greatly appreciated. THANKS!
minuteaaa
Sony Fan
Sony Fan

by NiteHawk » Sun Jan 09, 2005 5:28 am

You should also have a FireWire input/output on that camera as well.  Provided your computer has FireWire inputs, you can purchase a cable and get much better video quality transfered to your computer.

The USB steaming feature on that camera was meant for internet steaming and e-mail, which does not require alot of bandwidth; hence the poor quality video.   
NiteHawk
Sony Addict
Sony Addict

by minuteaaa » Sun Jan 09, 2005 12:09 pm

Hmm ok, my computer hasnt got a firewire card. These things are pretty expensive I hear. Now your sure that is whats causing my really crappy quality? Haha thanks
minuteaaa
Sony Fan
Sony Fan

by wvmcl » Thu Jan 12, 2006 4:58 am

Firewire cards are NOT expensive.  I just bought one on newegg.com for 10 dollars plus five bucks shipping.  It came bundled with a camcorder cable and Ulead Video editing software. 
wvmcl
Sony Fan
Sony Fan

Return to Camera Configuration