[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 35: Use of undefined constant topic - assumed 'topic' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP)
Agoraquest • View topic - HELP!!! Sony DSC-P1

Advanced search
It is currently Sat Dec 07, 2019 3:03 pm
Please Login or Register to take advantage of all of our forum benefits.

View topic - HELP!!! Sony DSC-P1

HELP!!! Sony DSC-P1

This forum is geared towards fine-tuning your Sony digital camera settings. If you have troubles or just simple questions about optimizing your picture, check out this forum. Feel free to add your suggestions to the manuals.

Moderator: jttar

by Norfin_69 » Wed Dec 29, 2004 9:36 pm

Help!!   I have a Sony DSC-P1 less than a year old ...  when I try to take pictures, I get no image on the screen...  it was working fine and this just happened .. no tsure if I hit something by accident or how to reset the system ... it acts like it is taking pictures, but nothing appears on screen or on the memory stick

Thanx

Norfin_69
Norfin_69
Sony Fan
Sony Fan

by thefaulkner » Thu Dec 30, 2004 2:00 pm

Sounds like a flexi cable inside has come loose. If you bought it from an authorized retailer (less than a year ago...?? That camera is 4 years old), you can have it repaired under warranty.

thefaulkner
Sony Aficionado
Sony Aficionado

by Toli » Thu Dec 30, 2004 9:56 pm

Norfin_69- thefaulkner is probably right on with his diagnosis. But, did you accidentally hit the LCD ON/OFF button?
Toli
Sony Legend
Sony Legend

by Norfin_69 » Thu Dec 30, 2004 11:24 pm

I did not hit the on off button ... I tried that and it still does the same thing .. I do get stuff on screen when I put it in "demo" mode ...  but nothing from the lense . (no picture)  but I get my display information  menu ect...  so I know the screen is operational .. just no images

thanx

Kel
Norfin_69
Sony Fan
Sony Fan

by StarMan » Mon Oct 23, 2006 4:30 pm

Not sure if anyone will see this thread anymore but I have the SAME exact problem.  Maybe it's an Orlando thing?  LOL

Anyway, all features of the camera I can see work.  The menu features all work fine and show up on the LCD, the flash works, the lens zooms and I can record clips; but there's no image, as if there were a lens cap on (there's not).

When I recorded the clip, the sound recorded fine but there was no image.

I could buy that this could be a flex-cable.  Any idea where?  This cam will be out of warranty at this point.
StarMan
Sony Fan
Sony Fan

Return to Camera Configuration