[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 35: Use of undefined constant topic - assumed 'topic' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP)
Agoraquest • View topic - What kind of pc card do I need for my CCD-TRV138?

        Advanced search
It is currently Wed Sep 23, 2020 2:58 pm
Please Login or Register to take advantage of all of our forum benefits.

View topic - What kind of pc card do I need for my CCD-TRV138?

What kind of pc card do I need for my CCD-TRV138?

Installation questions, problems or simply a note. This forum is to discuss anything about installing your Sony cameras. Doesn't matter what television you use, if you need help about installation process, this is the right place.

Moderator: jttar

by johnbigbootie89 » Fri Feb 27, 2009 8:21 am

I have a CCD-TRV138 and I want to connect it to my Dell Dimension 4550. What kind of card do I need to install to make it possible for me to hook up the Camcorder to my PC?

Thank you for looking.
Sony Fan
Sony Fan
Posts: 1
Joined: Thu Feb 26, 2009 8:00 pm
Location: USA

by jehill » Wed Apr 29, 2009 2:55 pm

Welcome to Agoraquest!  Unfortunately, the only output provided on the CCD-TRV138 is an A/V output.  You can connect it to the A/V input on you PC monitor, if it has one, or to any A/V input on your PC.  The TV tuner card in my Dell XPS-420 includes an A/V input that is wired to a set of standard A/V phono jacks on the front of the PC.

If you had the CCD-TRV280, you would be all set, because it includes a DV (i.Link) and USB output in addition to the A/V output.
User avatar
Sony Senior Advisor
Sony Senior Advisor
Posts: 14207
Joined: Wed Mar 12, 2003 8:00 pm
Location: Sewell, NJ

Return to Camera Installation