[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 35: Use of undefined constant topic - assumed 'topic' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP)
Agoraquest • View topic - kd-34xbr960 extra ports

Advanced search
It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2019 7:43 am
Please Login or Register to take advantage of all of our forum benefits.

View topic - kd-34xbr960 extra ports

kd-34xbr960 extra ports

This forum is geared towards fine-tuning your Sony television settings. If you have troubles or just simple questions about optimizing your picture, check out this forum. Feel free to add your suggestions to the manuals.

Moderator: jttar

by tacameron » Fri Jan 10, 2014 6:29 pm

So I have the above posted dinosaur that I love for my retro gaming. As someone who streams I was looking on the back and it seems that monitor out and output 4 for what ever reason don't have s-video on them. The way things line up I wonder if the pin traces are on the board and no connector was put on there. Anyone have any input on how hard it would be to add them. I am mechanically savvy (replaced the 2 IC's that fail with sockets) what I am really asking is there a place I can pull these inputs or outputs respectively.  For that matter wonder how hard it would be to pull component out.  If this isn't feasible I guess I can buy one of those 2 output X amount of input switchers. Thanks
tacameron
Sony Fan
Sony Fan

by jehill » Sat Jan 11, 2014 6:57 am

Personally, I wouldn't attempt any modifications.  Obviously, you meant input 4, not output 4.  What you really want to use is input 4, right?  The AV switch, IC1502, is located on the UZ board, the board that all of the inputs and outputs are connected to.  It can accommodate five A/V inputs.  Input 5 on the chip is connected to the TV's input 4.  Unfortunately, input5 on the chip doesn't include the pins necessary for an S-video input.  If you are wondering about input 4 on the chip, it is used by the HDMI inputs and yes, it does include the inputs needed to accommodate an S-video input.  If you attempted to swap the chip inputs used, a firmware change would be required to make the chip's input 5 selected when an HDMI input is selected and to make the chip's input 4 selected when the TV's input 4 is selected.  It appears that the chip does have the outputs needed to accommodate an S-video output.
jehill
Sony Senior Advisor
Sony Senior Advisor

by tacameron » Mon Jan 13, 2014 9:17 pm

I must say you really know your stuff I was merely speculating The big thing over input4 was I wanted the monitor out port to include s-video does the monitor outs IC accomdate that?
tacameron
Sony Fan
Sony Fan

by jehill » Tue Jan 14, 2014 10:03 am

It appears to.
jehill
Sony Senior Advisor
Sony Senior Advisor

Return to Television Configuration