[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 35: Use of undefined constant topic - assumed 'topic' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP)
Agoraquest • View topic - Sony KV-32XBR250 Component input problems with HDMI to Component converter! Pls Help

Advanced search
It is currently Sat Aug 24, 2019 7:53 am
Please Login or Register to take advantage of all of our forum benefits.

View topic - Sony KV-32XBR250 Component input problems with HDMI to Component converter! Pls Help

Sony KV-32XBR250 Component input problems with HDMI to Component converter! Pls Help

This forum is geared towards fine-tuning your Sony television settings. If you have troubles or just simple questions about optimizing your picture, check out this forum. Feel free to add your suggestions to the manuals.

Moderator: jttar

by rags1155 » Wed Apr 24, 2013 11:55 am

Hi,

I have a really old Sony KV-32XBR250 with a set of component inputs in the back. A Toshiba DVD player player is connected to the component port and I get a good picture quality.
I wanted to connect my WD media player to the component input by using a HDMI to component converter.
one of these:
http://www.amazon.com/CNE62300-Component-YPbPr-Stereo-Converter/dp/B00APEG9N8/ref=sr_1_10?ie=UTF8&qid=1366820393&sr=8-10&keywords=hdmi+to+component

But when I do that, I can not get a picture. it's just flickering lines, like scrambled channels.
I tried to connect my Samsung Galaxy S2 using a MHL adapter through the converter into the component. I think the TV output resolution on the phone is 720x480. and I get the same flickering lines.

another attemp to get a digital picture through my component input was trying my Philips Ipod docking station with component output cable with Ipod Nano 4th generation. Again flickering lines..

I thought this tv should be able to process 480p through the component input? or am I wrong?

Is there any way that I can change anysettings in the service menu to adjust something to get digital picture? or is it not possible at all?

should I try a HDMI to composite connector instead?

Anyhelp would be greatly appreciated..

thanks.
rags1155
Sony Fan
Sony Fan

by jehill » Thu Apr 25, 2013 10:06 am

Welcome to Agoraquest!  Have you tried switching the video output of the devices where you get no picture from progressive to interlaced?  That will answer the question, "I thought this tv should be able to process 480p through the component input? or am I wrong?"
jehill
Sony Senior Advisor
Sony Senior Advisor

by rags1155 » Thu Apr 25, 2013 12:31 pm

Hi Jehill,

thanks for your reply..
I've never thought about changing the output resolution on my WD media player, but the output resolution on my samsung galaxy is 720x480. I think that's 480p, is that right?
The tv output on Ipod nano is 640x480 or 320 x240. Shouldn't a 480i tv be capable of handling that?

rags1155
Sony Fan
Sony Fan

by jehill » Fri Apr 26, 2013 9:41 am

OK!  Here is what I just found out.  If you are using an Apple Component Video Cable, only progressive signals are outputted.  You need to use an Apple Composite Video Cable and connect it to a composite video input to get an interlaced output.  Your TV is just too old for connections to today's products.  Sorry!
jehill
Sony Senior Advisor
Sony Senior Advisor

Return to Television Configuration