[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 35: Use of undefined constant topic - assumed 'topic' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP)
Agoraquest • View topic - Sony KDL32D3000 / KDL40D3000 Game Mode in PC Mode

Advanced search
It is currently Fri Nov 22, 2019 10:19 pm
Please Login or Register to take advantage of all of our forum benefits.

View topic - Sony KDL32D3000 / KDL40D3000 Game Mode in PC Mode

Sony KDL32D3000 / KDL40D3000 Game Mode in PC Mode

This forum is geared towards fine-tuning your Sony television settings. If you have troubles or just simple questions about optimizing your picture, check out this forum. Feel free to add your suggestions to the manuals.

Moderator: jttar

by Ryunam » Wed Mar 06, 2013 1:25 am

Greetings to everyone!

I own a KDL32D3000 panel, a european Sony model manufactured years ago, which in time has proven itself to be a very reliable and enjoyable screen for PC desktop use.

Colours are vivid and enjoyable, text is very crisp and, when supplied with a 1360x768 signal, the TV switches to its PC Mode (regardless of the type of connection used, VGA or DVI/HDMI) and displays the entire frame in a 1:1, pixel-perfect manner.

There's only one issue, a slight albeit honestly frustrating nuisance with this. When in PC Mode, most of the video functions that work within all the other resolutions (even 1080p which by the way exceeds the panel's native input) become greyed out and unusable.

Normally this wouldn't be a problem, because I'm not interested in MotionFlow and post-processing filters that only seem to degrade or compromise visual integrity. But one option that also gets deactivated as soon as one feeds a 768p signal is 'Game Mode', that is supposed to minimize input lag.

Unfortunately, as time passed and my experience with this TV extended more and more, the lack of a Game Mode for my PC activities became very evident for its effects. I can perceive very clearly that there's a big difference in input response between the PC signal (1360x768, pixel-perfect, automatically labelled as PC) and a Playstation 3, that outputs 1080p and as such can be ultimately configured with Game Mode.

My question now is: is there some method, perhaps some Service Menu setup, that can be attempted to trick the TV into recognizing a pixel-perfect 1360x768 signal, BUT without Game Mode greyed out?

Thanks in advance for any help you can give me on this matter. Looking forward to some suggestions!
Ryunam
Sony Fan
Sony Fan

Return to Television Configuration