[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 35: Use of undefined constant topic - assumed 'topic' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP)
Agoraquest • View topic - PC HDMI to KV-40XBR700 DVI ???

Advanced search
It is currently Thu Aug 22, 2019 10:55 pm
Please Login or Register to take advantage of all of our forum benefits.

View topic - PC HDMI to KV-40XBR700 DVI ???

PC HDMI to KV-40XBR700 DVI ???

This forum is geared towards fine-tuning your Sony television settings. If you have troubles or just simple questions about optimizing your picture, check out this forum. Feel free to add your suggestions to the manuals.

Moderator: jttar

by CUTiger78 » Sun Nov 25, 2012 4:02 pm

I've got a HDMI-to-DVI adapter that I've used for my SA 8300HD DVR cable box-to-TV hook up. Works fine.

Now, I'd like to hook up my Sony KV-40XBR800 to my laptop via the laptop HDMI-out to the Sony DVI-in. Can't seem to get it to work.  The computer recognizes the TV and allows the multiple display option, but I don't get any video displayed on the TV.  I haven't tried anything lower than a 1280 X 720 resolution, but could try as low as 800 X 600 if that would help.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

Edited by OP on 11/26 @ 1822 to correct the model # in the message.  Can't edit & correct the header, though.

CUTiger78
Sony Fan
Sony Fan

by jehill » Mon Nov 26, 2012 11:55 am

Welcome to Agoraquest!  I am puzzled.  I took a look at the KV-40XBR700 Operating Instructions and they don't show a DVI input.  However, the KV-40XBR800 Operating Instructions do.  I do see the following at the end of the Features section:

Digital Visual Interface (DVI): Can accommodate a copy-protected digital connection to other devices (such as digital set-top boxes) that have compatible interfaces. The DVI-HDTV
input terminal is compliant with the EIA-861 standard and is not intended for use with personal computers.

However, at the time that was written, HDMI outputs had yet to appear on PCs.  PCs had a different type non-compatible DVI output.  I am not sure what the problem could be.

jehill
Sony Senior Advisor
Sony Senior Advisor

by CUTiger78 » Mon Nov 26, 2012 1:20 pm

Ya caught me!  My mistake, I do have the KV-40XBR800.  I'll edit the original post & make the correction.

The problem, however, remains the same.  Any ideas, John?
CUTiger78
Sony Fan
Sony Fan

by jehill » Tue Nov 27, 2012 10:56 am

It may be possible that the HDMI to DVI cable you have works fine connected to your DVR, but for some reason doesn't work when connected to your PC.
jehill
Sony Senior Advisor
Sony Senior Advisor

Return to Television Configuration