[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 35: Use of undefined constant topic - assumed 'topic' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP)
Agoraquest • View topic - Trouble linking NSG-MR1 to Comcast Cable Box

Advanced search
It is currently Wed Nov 20, 2019 9:17 pm
Please Login or Register to take advantage of all of our forum benefits.

View topic - Trouble linking NSG-MR1 to Comcast Cable Box

Trouble linking NSG-MR1 to Comcast Cable Box

This forum is geared towards fine-tuning your Sony television settings. If you have troubles or just simple questions about optimizing your picture, check out this forum. Feel free to add your suggestions to the manuals.

Moderator: jttar

by desurain » Tue Jul 24, 2012 6:52 pm

I have a Sony NSX-32GT1 and i LOVE the NSG-MR1 keypad remote. When i had dish, the remote could operate everything, including the guide, DVR, etc. I just switched to comcast, i went through the IR blaster setup for comcast, and tried the 6 different codes that it gave me. One of the codes does kinda work. It allows me to change channels and operate the guide, but the DVR button is nonresponsive. I cannot open my previously recorded shows whatsoever, but the record button does work. i can even pause play rewind... i can do pretty much everything but pull up the DVR page... anyone have a solution i havnt tried?

Thanks in advance!
desurain
Sony Fan
Sony Fan

by desurain » Thu Jul 26, 2012 10:14 am

bump
desurain
Sony Fan
Sony Fan

by andyross » Thu Jul 26, 2012 1:12 pm

Can you access the main menu? If so, you can access the DVR through that. A bit roundabout, but better than nothing.

Basically, most 'universal' codes on device remotes are relatively basic. They are just to get the most basic controls, most likely for just a plain box, not the DVR. With most of the Motorola boxes (I'm guessing that is what you have), the arrow keys do give basic transport controls.
andyross
Sony Addict
Sony Addict

Return to Television Configuration