[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 35: Use of undefined constant topic - assumed 'topic' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP)
Agoraquest • View topic - Service menu for XBR-52HX909

Advanced search
It is currently Fri Nov 22, 2019 10:10 pm
Please Login or Register to take advantage of all of our forum benefits.

View topic - Service menu for XBR-52HX909

Service menu for XBR-52HX909

This forum is geared towards fine-tuning your Sony television settings. If you have troubles or just simple questions about optimizing your picture, check out this forum. Feel free to add your suggestions to the manuals.

Moderator: jttar

by Douglawr » Fri Jul 06, 2012 6:23 am

I've been trying to calibrate my XBR-52HX909 and feel that It should be possible to get better results than I am getting. I've looked at the options in the service menu, but it does not appear there is anything available in it other than NTSC/PAL options and some other settings that are not terribly useful (for calibration). I didn't see anything that looked like I could change color settings. I was going to order the service manual before making any changes, but I don't think it's worth looking into as there don't appear to be any useful options. Can anyone confirm that this is the case? Or are there other hidden menu options that I'm missing?
Douglawr
Sony Fan
Sony Fan

by jehill » Fri Jul 06, 2012 7:48 am

I am not sure that the service manual be of much value to you unless you desire to perform the WHITE BALANCE ADJUSTMENTS, which are discussed.  Go to http://www.agoraquest.com/manual_request.php to see if the service manual is available from Agoraquest.
jehill
Sony Senior Advisor
Sony Senior Advisor

by Douglawr » Fri Jul 06, 2012 8:03 am

Are the white balance adjustments in the service manual different from the bia and gain adjustments in the advanced picture adjustments?
Douglawr
Sony Fan
Sony Fan

by jehill » Sun Jul 08, 2012 9:50 am

The white balance adjustments establish the base gain and offsets for each color.  In other words, it would appear that they establish the adjustment ranges for the bias and gain adjustments in the advanced picture adjustments.
jehill
Sony Senior Advisor
Sony Senior Advisor

Return to Television Configuration