[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 35: Use of undefined constant topic - assumed 'topic' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP)
Agoraquest • View topic - Truncated black levels

Advanced search
It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2019 1:52 am
Please Login or Register to take advantage of all of our forum benefits.

View topic - Truncated black levels

Truncated black levels

This forum is geared towards fine-tuning your Sony television settings. If you have troubles or just simple questions about optimizing your picture, check out this forum. Feel free to add your suggestions to the manuals.

Moderator: jttar

by Douglawr » Wed Jun 20, 2012 6:55 am

I have a 52HX909XBR television hooked up to a Panasonic BDP310 BD player. When I run the DVE calibration bluray disk either the BD player or the television are truncating the black levels. If I turn the brightness all the way up on the television the 4% below black bar is not visible in the Pluge pattern. Can someone please tell me where this setting is on the television?

Douglawr
Sony Fan
Sony Fan

by jehill » Wed Jun 20, 2012 3:03 pm

Welcome to Agoraquest!  It would be helpful to get your model number straight.  It's XBR-52HX909.  That set has a multitude of adjustments.  Have you opened the i-manual and reviewed the settings described under "Using the Home Menu", "Picture Adjustments"?  the "Black Corrector" listed under "Advanced Settings" may make a difference.  Its really a matter of trial and error.
jehill
Sony Senior Advisor
Sony Senior Advisor

by Douglawr » Wed Jun 20, 2012 6:41 pm

Thank you for the welcome.

I have looked at the manual as well as scouring forums for several days now. I have also spent over two hours going through the different menus trying to find this setting. The BD player has a pretty simple menu structure, so I don't think it is occurring on that side, but I could be wrong. I have looked at the black corrector, and tried with it off and on.
Douglawr
Sony Fan
Sony Fan

Return to Television Configuration