[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 35: Use of undefined constant topic - assumed 'topic' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP)
Agoraquest • View topic - Question about KV-29LS60 and retrogaming consoles

Advanced search
It is currently Tue Jun 25, 2019 10:24 pm
Please Login or Register to take advantage of all of our forum benefits.

View topic - Question about KV-29LS60 and retrogaming consoles

Question about KV-29LS60 and retrogaming consoles

This forum is geared towards fine-tuning your Sony television settings. If you have troubles or just simple questions about optimizing your picture, check out this forum. Feel free to add your suggestions to the manuals.

Moderator: jttar

by -MT- » Thu Apr 20, 2006 11:36 am

My kindest greetings to the whole board.

I figured I'd better ask some clarification on this doubt I have.

I constantly play my old SNES console on this TV, through means of an RGB cable that renders the picture in crystal-clear quality. Or so it should, technically.

What bugs me is that the image evidently suffers from an heavy pixel effect, that affects the overall outcome of the picture.

I've tried sampling the effects on another CRT TV (an even larger one) and this phenomenon, surprisingly, didn't occur. Nonetheless, on this model (and on other LCD TVs, as well) this annoying pixelling takes place.

Now, what I'd like to know is:

1) Is it somehow related to the 100Hz nature of this set, that somehow messes up the visual rendition of low-res inputs?

2) Can this problem be solved through quick (and safe ) changes to the service menu?

Thanks in advance for your valuable patience.
-MT-
Sony Fan
Sony Fan

Return to Television Configuration