[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 35: Use of undefined constant topic - assumed 'topic' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP)
Agoraquest • View topic - KP-57WS500 Replacing T8005 on the "D" board

Advanced search
It is currently Sun Jul 21, 2019 10:58 am
Please Login or Register to take advantage of all of our forum benefits.

View topic - KP-57WS500 Replacing T8005 on the "D" board

KP-57WS500 Replacing T8005 on the "D" board

This forum addresses questions on any installation problems you might encounter with your Sony television (i.e. How to install, what wires go where, etc.)

Moderator: jttar

by avendar » Thu Oct 06, 2011 5:57 am

Did the research for the set shutting off randomly and gettin 8 blinks.  Have a replacement T8005 in hand.  I have the manuals for the set.  Now the questions.  What problems will i run in to trying to remove the "d" board?  Since the "d" board is the bottom board and looks to be connected to the "a" board.  Will the "d" board come out alone or do I have to remove any or all the other boards to get to it?  Once out, replacing the T8005.  Anything I should know/special?  is the T8005 soldered in?  Saw a post about the red wire that u have to press it in and turn it 90 degrees to get it out.  The manual says when replacing the T8005 i must check and adjust the HV regulation and HV hold down.  Is that really required  and if so how actually hard is it?  Thank you very much for your time and assistance.  Wish I had the money to take it down to get it repaired but unemployed atm so money is very tight.
avendar
Sony Fan
Sony Fan

Return to Television Installation