[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 35: Use of undefined constant topic - assumed 'topic' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP)
Agoraquest • View topic - Kensington Lock Slot on KDL-40Z4100

Advanced search
It is currently Mon Jun 01, 2020 4:17 am
Please Login or Register to take advantage of all of our forum benefits.

View topic - Kensington Lock Slot on KDL-40Z4100

Kensington Lock Slot on KDL-40Z4100

This forum addresses questions on any installation problems you might encounter with your Sony television (i.e. How to install, what wires go where, etc.)

Moderator: jttar

by AlanMintaka » Tue Sep 06, 2011 4:39 pm

Hi Everyone,

I've been installing Kensington Cable Locks on my PCs and flat panel TVs.  I have a 40" Samsung that has a slot for a Kensington Cable Lock on the back, same as the locks used to secure PCs and Laptops to desks.  

I've been looking around the documentation and the back of the KDL-40Z4100 to see if there's any sign of such a lock slot, but haven't turned anything up.

I was wondering if anyone else has used something like the Kensington lock to secure their large flat panel TVs.  Kensington makes an adapter set for components without lock slots.  There are also cable systems that attached to any unused VESA bracket holes.

Anyone using cable locking systems on their large Sony flat-panel TVs, e.g. the KDL-40Z4100?  What do you use, and how did you hook it up?

Thanks for your time,
-----------------
Big Al Mintaka

"I believe a leaf of grass
is no less than the journey-work of the stars."
--Walt Whitman

AlanMintaka
Sony Buff
Sony Buff

by jehill » Wed Oct 17, 2012 10:34 am

I am not familiar with how Kensington Cable Locks attach to a TV, but I would suggest that you study the "Getting Started", "Securing the TV" section of the Operating Instructions.  You may be able to somehow use the wall-mount holes on the rear of the TV using one of the methods described in the "Anchor the TV to the Wall" section.
jehill
Sony Senior Advisor
Sony Senior Advisor

Return to Television Installation