[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 35: Use of undefined constant topic - assumed 'topic' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP)
Agoraquest • View topic - New (old) KV-34XBR910 TV

Advanced search
It is currently Wed Oct 16, 2019 10:31 pm
Please Login or Register to take advantage of all of our forum benefits.

View topic - New (old) KV-34XBR910 TV

New (old) KV-34XBR910 TV

This forum addresses questions on any installation problems you might encounter with your Sony television (i.e. How to install, what wires go where, etc.)

Moderator: jttar

by baseballgod » Wed Jun 08, 2011 1:29 pm

Story is I saw it on Craigslist for $25 and had the bright idea to put this behemoth in my bedroom. The picture looks much better than the Bravia LCD I was running. I have read that the set does then to have some power supply issues but hopefully since this is so old it's either been addressed or it's a non-issue. I looked up some info for calibration due to some minor geometry issues, but the links seem to be dead. Does anyone have the service menu info for this set so I can play with it some? Thanks, Charlie
baseballgod
Sony Aficionado
Sony Aficionado

by andyross » Thu Jun 09, 2011 1:23 pm

andyross
Sony Addict
Sony Addict

by baseballgod » Thu Jun 09, 2011 7:35 pm

Thanks andyross! That was a great help even though some of the settings actually made my geometry/convergence problems worse, I was able to tinker around and now the set looks at least as good as the Panasonic Plasma (720p, 2006 model) in the other room =]
baseballgod
Sony Aficionado
Sony Aficionado

by andyross » Fri Jun 10, 2011 1:07 pm

The convergence, linearity, geometry and screen size numbers will vary from set to set. You will need to use patterns and similar to tune to your particular TV.

There are some settings in the color setup that are somewhat universal. 2170P-4: RYR, RYB, GYR, and GYB, if set to the adjusted column numbers, gets rid of red push and similar issues.

andyross
Sony Addict
Sony Addict

by baseballgod » Fri Jun 10, 2011 6:38 pm

Yes, I used test patterns for the geometry and also used the color bars and could see that the adjustments took care of the red push. The set looks pretty darn good now for "old tech" thanks a bunch
baseballgod
Sony Aficionado
Sony Aficionado

Return to Television Installation