[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 35: Use of undefined constant topic - assumed 'topic' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3912)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4779: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3912)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3912)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4781: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3912)
Agoraquest • View topic - KDL-46Z4100, TV Guide has quit working

Advanced search
It is currently Thu Nov 14, 2019 4:34 am
Please Login or Register to take advantage of all of our forum benefits.

View topic - KDL-46Z4100, TV Guide has quit working

KDL-46Z4100, TV Guide has quit working

This forum addresses questions on any installation problems you might encounter with your Sony television (i.e. How to install, what wires go where, etc.)

Moderator: jttar

by Roysonyboy » Mon Feb 02, 2009 6:03 am

Hi All
I bought a new KDL-46Z4100 after Christmas, set it up and it worked like a charm. I live 30+ miles north-west of Toronto Canada so via antenna I get HD clear and analog stations from Can. and the US with super signal strength. When I first set up the set, I upgraded the firware, and set up the TV Guide etc. all worked great, TV Guide found all off-air stations for my area, no complaints.
Last week when I pushed my "Guide" button on the remote nothing happened just the station I was watching stayed on, a second push of "Guide" I get a black screen but the sound of the station I'm watching is still heard. To get a picture back I must channel up or down to the next channel.
Has anyone else had this happen? There is nothing in "troubleshooting" I can find.
Great web site. I'm glad I found you and know I'll have Questions etc. regarding my Sony "Dream System" and "Blu-Ray" player.

Cheers
Ray
Roysonyboy
Sony Fan
Sony Fan

by porky » Thu Jan 21, 2010 7:32 pm

I have what seems to be the same problem with my Sony Bravia KDL-40Z4100. Although the tv worked well for almost a year, the guide channel now does not display. Clicking the guide button on the remote twice causes a loss of picture but not sound.

I read a report at the logitec website of what seemed to be the same problem being caused by a  harmony remote. According to the post the programmable remote was putting the tv into an incompatible standby mode that kept the guide channel from functioning correctly.  It rendered the guide channel unusable even with the original sony remote.

In my case I was not using an aftermarket remote and I can't think of anything that provoked it's failure.    

I will post back if I find any solutions.
porky
Sony Fan
Sony Fan

by porky » Sat Feb 13, 2010 8:44 am

Original SOLUTION!!

This fixed the problem for me. After thinking about how to exploit the standby modes, it occurred to me that quickly cycling the guide channel might randomly set the correct standby mode. Still, I was surprised when it worked!
  • Turn on TV and find the "guide" button.
  • Quickly press the guide button several times then stop.
  • If not displaying the guide channel press guide button once.
It worked for me the first time I tried it and I am afraid to experiment further, but you may have to repeat these steps.

-RodeoX

porky
Sony Fan
Sony Fan

by Shoe123 » Wed Dec 10, 2014 6:45 am

Last week when I pushed my "Guide" button on the remote nothing happened just the station I was watching stayed on, a second push of "Guide" I get a black screen but the sound of the station I'm watching is still heard. To get a picture back I must channel up or down to the next channel.
We provide fast success in dumps exam by using our high quality prep resources. We offer up-to-dated and join dumps with
Shoe123
Sony Fan
Sony Fan

Return to Television Installation