Advanced search
It is currently Wed Jan 20, 2021 2:26 am
Please Login or Register to take advantage of all of our forum benefits.

Search

Search found 768 matches

Return to advanced search

Hello: I have a Sony STR

Hello:
I have a Sony STR DA2ES and am a little confused by the LFE High Cut. I have a passive sub woofer with a a separate amp. When I decrease or increase the LFE channel high cut filter what am I doing?
Regards,
Richard
by dahrich
Fri Mar 28, 2003 6:24 am
 
Forum: Amp/Receiver/Speakers/Connections/Cables
Topic: LFE
Replies: 15
Views: 10817

Quote: On 2003-03-28 11:06, Lee_Bailey wrote: On

Quote: On 2003-03-28 11:06, Lee_Bailey wrote: On 2003-03-28 10:24, dahrich wrote: Hello: I have a Sony STR DA2ES and am a little confused by the LFE High Cut. I have a passive sub woofer with a a separate amp. When I decrease or increase the LFE channel high cut filter what am I doing? Regards, Rich...
by dahrich
Fri Mar 28, 2003 10:11 am
 
Forum: Amp/Receiver/Speakers/Connections/Cables
Topic: LFE
Replies: 15
Views: 10817

Quote: On 2003-03-28 16:03, Lee_Bailey wrote: Richard, Yes,

Quote: On 2003-03-28 16:03, Lee_Bailey wrote: Richard, Yes, if you set the LFE high cut to anything less than STD (which is 120 Hz) then you will be discarding any sounds higher than the frequency setting that you choose. In general, the LFE channel is supposed to only have information up to 120 Hz....
by dahrich
Fri Mar 28, 2003 1:46 pm
 
Forum: Amp/Receiver/Speakers/Connections/Cables
Topic: LFE
Replies: 15
Views: 10817

Hello: Ive just found this site

Hello: <BR>Ive just found this site and already gotten good answers to a question. <BR>Now, another question: <BR>I have a Remote Commander Model RM-PG411 which goes with my STR-DA2ES receiver. Some of my equipment is not Sony so I wanted to have the Remote learn the codes. However when I follow the...
by dahrich
Fri Mar 28, 2003 2:20 pm
 
Forum: Amp/Receiver/Speakers/Connections/Cables
Topic: Remote Commanderfor STR DA2ES Receiver
Replies: 2
Views: 3890

Hello: I have a STR-DA2ES

Hello: I have a STR-DA2ES receiver and the manual says to connect the DVD player to the receiver not to the TV. What am I missing if I do this? I'm a newbie too so it never occurred to me to connect the DVD directly to the TV.
Regards,
Richard
by dahrich
Fri Apr 04, 2003 5:15 am
 
Forum: Amp/Receiver/Speakers/Connections/Cables
Topic: newbie needs help....
Replies: 14
Views: 7410

Quote: On 2003-03-28 22:56, DTOX wrote: Why

<!-- BBCode Quote Start --><TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%><TR><TD><font size=-1>Quote:</font><HR></TD></TR><TR><TD><FONT SIZE=-1><BLOCKQUOTE> <BR>On 2003-03-28 22:56, DTOX wrote: <BR>Why would you ever mess with the LFE high cut freq? <BR> <BR>DVDs are encoded expecting the LFE to handle 120...
by dahrich
Sat Mar 29, 2003 2:31 pm
 
Forum: Amp/Receiver/Speakers/Connections/Cables
Topic: LFE
Replies: 15
Views: 10817

Quote: On 2003-03-31 00:55, Maxxwire wrote: Years

<!-- BBCode Quote Start --><TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%><TR><TD><font size=-1>Quote:</font><HR></TD></TR><TR><TD><FONT SIZE=-1><BLOCKQUOTE> <BR>On 2003-03-31 00:55, Maxxwire wrote: <BR>Years ago I used to have a 2 X 12" passive Subwoofer that I ran off of my speaker B channels. The only Ba...
by dahrich
Tue Apr 01, 2003 5:50 pm
 
Forum: Amp/Receiver/Speakers/Connections/Cables
Topic: LFE
Replies: 15
Views: 10817

Quote: On 2003-03-31 00:55, Maxxwire wrote: Years

<!-- BBCode Quote Start --><TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%><TR><TD><font size=-1>Quote:</font><HR></TD></TR><TR><TD><FONT SIZE=-1><BLOCKQUOTE> <BR>On 2003-03-31 00:55, Maxxwire wrote: <BR>Years ago I used to have a 2 X 12" passive Subwoofer that I ran off of my speaker B channels. The only Ba...
by dahrich
Tue Apr 01, 2003 5:50 pm
 
Forum: Amp/Receiver/Speakers/Connections/Cables
Topic: LFE
Replies: 15
Views: 10817

Hello: I'm always interested in comments

Hello: <BR>I'm always interested in comments about speaker wire. A lot of the comments, IMO, are subjective with very little quantitative information. With speaker wire there is a "skin" effect phenomenon in which most of the electrons travel on the outside surface of the wire. So it's not really li...
by dahrich
Fri Apr 04, 2003 5:54 am
 
Forum: Amp/Receiver/Speakers/Connections/Cables
Topic: What gauge is Monster speaker wire ...
Replies: 20
Views: 11495

HELLO: I say if you are

HELLO: <BR>I say if you are enjoying your old speakers keep them. I have a sorround system with a Sony STR DA2ES. My front left and right speakers are vintage AR9's with 5 drivers. They have a front facing tweeter, midrange,and woofer. Also, the have 2 12" side facing, separately connected 12" woofe...
by dahrich
Mon Apr 07, 2003 6:11 pm
 
Forum: Getting Started/Building a Home Theater
Topic: New speakers or keep old ones HELP = P ?
Replies: 4
Views: 2003
Next

Return to advanced search